Out of all the board games descent we came across, we’ve chosen the 10 best. We omitted models that didn’t meet our standards for specific needs and those which lacked a discreet profile. By comparing these features, we put together a list of the top 10 board games descent available today. In addition, we have included a buying guide to help you get an idea of what you should look for when selecting a board games descent. Keep reading to learn more about all the board games descent that earned a spot on our list.
What makes us trustworthy:
We researched over 50 of the best models to compare with each other and give honest reviews of the 10 most promising board games descent. Our researchers assessed the various features of each board games descent, noted how easy they were to use, examined the quality of the board games descent and the features available, and considered the display and design to determine where each model excelled or fell short. Our assessment will surely include everything you might want to know when choosing a new board games descent to enhance your daily life.
We grouped the results from our head-to-head research into a series of different rating metrics, with the performance of each charging station outlined in the following sections.
- Ease of use
- Size and weight
- Warranty & return policy
- Customer service, and many more.
Best board games descent: Our 10 Choices
Here are The 10 Best board games descent
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This board game for adults and family can be played with 1 to 4 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. The average playtime is 3 to 4 hours.
- AN EXPANSIVE ADVENTURE: Descent: Legends of the Dark has 14 quests that span 50-65 hours of playtime, while the interactive storytelling and app-driven decisions off a ton of replayability.
- RPG BOARD GAME: Descent: Legends of the Dark is the next entry in the renowned Descent Board Game franchise. Select a hero to play as and work together with up to 3 of your friends as you fight your way through a campaign that will immerse you into the world of Terrinoth as never before.
- COOPERATIVE GAME: Unlike previous Descent titles, Legends of the Dark is fully cooperative. All players work together as they progress through the story. All of the monsters are controlled by an intuitive app that tells the players how the monsters respond to the players’ actions.
- APP-DRIVEN: The all-new Descent app brings an increased level of immersion to the world of Terrinoth. Not only does the app take on the role of the Overlord, controlling the monsters with A.I., but it also drives the story, allowing players to make choices that shape the narrative of the game.
- Features engaging story driven scenarios, as well as included campaign rules
- Featuring double-sided modular board pieces, countless hero and skill combinations, and an immersive story-driven campaign, Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition transports heroes to a vibrant fantasy realm where they must stand together against an ancient evil
- Pits one overlord player against up to four hero players, who cooperate to complete a range of scenario-specific objectives
- During each game, the heroes embark on quests and venture into dangerous caves, ancient ruins, dark dungeons, and cursed forests to battle monsters, earn riches, and attempt to stop the overlord from carrying out his vile plot
- Includes nearly 50 detailed plastic figures, 9 custom dice, 48 double sided map tiles, over 150 tokens, and nearly 250 cards
- An accessory for descent: journeys in the dark second edition
- Includes the hero and monster cards necessary to make first edition figures compatible with the new edition
- Includes cards for every descent monster figure ever produced, including past expansions
- A product based on the fantasy realm of terrinoth, the setting of runewars, rune age, and runebound
- Features cards for every descent hero figure ever produced, including promotional heroes
- Six new quests can be played individually, woven into other campaigns with Rumor cards, or played as a mini-campaign about the haunted manor
- The overlord gains two new monster groups, a deadly new lieutenant and his first servant - the Raven Flock
- Hero players gain two new heroes as well as hero classes for Warriors and Scouts - Marshal and Bounty Hunter
- New relics offer powerful effects, including relics that can be wielded by monster groups
- NotAvailable (Author)
- Playing Time: 2 - 4 hrs
- 30 new miniatures, including 6 new heroes
- Number of Players: 2 - 5
- Age: 12+
- New traps, monsters, treasures, and quests
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This family and adult board game can be played with 3 or 4 players. We also offer CATAN extension packs for 5-6 players as separate items. The average playtime is 60 minutes.
- MINUTES TO LEARN AND A LIFETIME TO EXPLORE: The basics of CATAN can be learned in just minutes, but it offers enough depth to remain compelling as you explore strategies and tactics for years to come
- BUILD AND/OR JOIN A COMMUNITY: Whether you play as a family, a board game group, or via video conference as you stay at home, CATAN is a social game that provides plenty of opportunities for player interaction. You may even find yourself exploring the exciting world of CATAN tournaments
- STRATEGY GAME: Trade, build and settle the Island of CATAN in this addictively fun strategy game previously called Settlers of CATAN. Players control their own civilization and look to spread across a modular hex board in a competition for victory points.
- FUN GAME WITH COUNTLESS REPLAY OPPORTUNITIES: The completely variable board provides great value through nearly limitless replayability. You will never have to play the same game twice. Looking for new adventures? Try CATAN expansions (Note: Expansions require CATAN base game to play).
- EXTENDED SIZE: Measuring at 3 feet by 3 feet, this game mat provides more space for all the miniatures, 3D pieces, tokens, cards and accessories which are essential to the new voluminous game
- PRIME GAME MAT: Become a hero and save Terrinoth from evil, but do it on the right powerful playground with this official product for Descent Legends of the Dark
- PROTECT YOUR GAME: Game mat provides a safe environment for cards and accessories and will protect them from scratches and damage
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The mat is softly cushioned and covered with ultra-fine surface and its anti-slip back keeps it perfectly in place during the game. Natural rubber of 2 mm thickness makes sure that the Game Mat stays flat on the table
- IMMERSIVE ARTWORK: Intensify your visual adventure with full-color printed artwork that matches the original cover of the game and boosts your imaginative experience
- ARKHAM HORROR GAME: Set in the Arkham Horror Files universe, Unfathomable takes place many years before the board and card game but features the same rich lore and offers a full cast of new characters. Fans will be excited for an all-new game experience in their favorite horror universe.
- STRATEGY HORROR GAME: Not all is well on the steamship Atlantica: a foreboding sense of dread, shadows under the waves, and a ritualist murder have the crew and passengers on edge. Now they must work together to get the ship to shore, but not all aboard are what they seem.
- WORK TOGETHER, OR NOT: As beasts emerge from the depths and events occur around the ship, players will need to play cards into a pile in order to meet specific requirements. However, the cultists, working to sabotage the others, may secretly play the wrong cards in order to fail the events.
- HIDDEN TRAITOR GAME: Unfathomable is a hidden traitor game where players assume the roles of the passengers and crew of the Atlantica. They work together to fight off beasts and perform repairs to the ship. However, some of the players are secretly cultists determined to sabotage the heroes.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: Unfathomable is a hidden traitor board game for 3 to 6 players and takes 120 to 240 minutes to play.
- STRATEGY GAME: You and your friends become heroes of the Free Peoples of Middle-earth, preparing your skills and testing your might and wisdom in combat against the encroaching darkness. Each of the iconic characters you can choose to embody have their own special abilities to contribute to your Fellowship, giving each one a distinct identity for your campaign.
- COOPERATIVE GAME: Throughout Journeys in Middle-earth, you must work together with the rest of your party to survive a series of perilous adventures that sees you battling powerful foes, discovering lost treasures, uncovering forgotten lore and more.
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: No matter how many times you play a particular adventure, no two experiences will be the same. The Journeys in Middle-earth app procedurally generates a portion of each scenario from the very beginning, including the size and layout of the map, the enemies and allies that are encountered, side quests you may encounter, and the events that plague your heroes.
- EPIC ADVENTURE GAME: Form your Fellowship and set out on your own adventures in this fully-cooperative, app-supported board game set in the fantastical land of Middle-earth! As the dark forces gather, players band together to unravel mysteries, make courageous choices, and fight against the evil that threatens the land.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This epic adventure board game for adults and teens is made for 1 to 5 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average playtime is approximately one hour.
- STRATEGY BOARD GAME: Every mission presents you with a unique map, specific rules, various items for retrieval, and objectives for both invaders and marines. Whether you take on the role of the demonic invader or the continually respawning marines, you’ll have to carefully plan out every move and use your specialized abilities to achieve your given objective and prevent your opponent from completing theirs.
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: The fast-paced struggle to survive and adapt to ever-changing battle conditions replicates the heart-pounding experience of a video game. Experience the game from both invader and marine perspectives and customize player decks throughout missions to improve your marine. Randomized initiative makes for unpredictable and nerve-racking activation phases.
- ACTION-PACKED COMBAT GAME: The asymmetrical gameplay pits one invader player and their arsenal of bloodthirsty demons against one to four elite marines, each equipped with a customizable deck of intimidating weapons and hardy armor, numerous lives, and the ability to Glory Kill weakened enemies within range.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This thrilling tactical combat game is made for 2 to 5 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average playtime is approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- BRING DOOM TO THE TABLETOP: DOOM The Board Game is a tactical combat game inspired by Bethesda’s blockbuster video game. Featuring two distinct player roles, the game brings the epic battle between elite marines and Hell's most threatening monsters to the tabletop. Descend into the hellish landscape of DOOM and join the epic struggle between demon and marine.
Buying board games descent: What to Consider?
When we talk about buying a board games descent, one of the areas that need some attention is a purchase decision. How do you make your purchase decisions? Do you think the product has merely looked nice, or are there other factors you consider before buying it?
Buying a new board games descent is always exciting and fun. However, it can also be stressful and confusing. It is important to ensure that you are buying the right product for your needs and that it will last for years.
You can easily get caught up in the excitement of finding the perfect board games descent when shopping for one. But before you buy, it’s important to consider a few things:
- Quality: Quality is also important because it can affect overall performance. Buying a low-quality product might mean replacing it sooner than you’d like.
- Material: The material of the product can have a big impact on its durability and longevity. If you’re looking for something that will last, buying from a reputable company that sells high-quality products is important.
- Price: Price will help narrow down your choices and prevent you from getting carried away by unnecessary features or accessories that might raise the cost of the product.
- Design: The design of a product determines how easy it will be to use the item and how much space it takes up. You want something easy to clean because this means less maintenance time spent on cleaning up after yourself!
- Ease of use: If you buy something that isn’t easy to use or operate, you may waste time trying to figure out how to use it properly before getting frustrated enough to stop using it altogether!
- Durability: If you want something that will last longer, make sure that it is durable and made from high-quality materials resistant to damage and wear and tear over time.
Briefly, let me explain:
To begin with, you should consider what features the board games descent has. There are many different types of products that you can buy, and each one has its own unique or similar set of features. To buy a board games descent, you must ensure that it has all the necessary features. Features are the main reason people buy things. The more features a product has, the more expensive it will be. It’s worth noting that sometimes the most expensive products aren’t always the best for your needs. You may want to look for products with only the features you need and then compare prices among different sellers.
This is one of the most important things to consider when shopping for any product. The quality of a product can vary greatly from one manufacturer to another, even if they’re selling essentially the same thing. You can usually tell how good a product is by reading reviews written by other customers who have already purchased it — although not all companies post reviews on their websites (or they might be fake).
If the quality isn’t good enough, then there’s no point in buying a board games descent because it won’t last long before breaking down or becoming unusable. It’s important to get something that will last so that you can get your money’s worth out of it and enjoy using it without worrying about whether or not it will break down within months of buying it.
The material that your board games descent is made from will determine how long it lasts and how easy it will be for you to maintain it over time. Some materials are more durable than others, and some are more comfortable, while others may be toxic and cause health problems when used regularly. For example, some plastic products will be cheaper, but they do not last as long as wood or metal products. It’s important that board games descent should be made from a material that’s durable and easy to clean. It is also important to consider whether the material used is environmentally friendly or not.
The design of a board games descent is important because it determines how well it will perform its intended function. If it does not meet this standard, chances are you will use it less often than you would have if it were designed better. The design also can have an impact on how easy it is to use as well as how appealing it looks. Buying an item with a poor design may be difficult to operate or look ugly. You should select board games descent that have been designed by experts who know what they are doing so that they work well and look good.
The price of the board games descent can vary depending on where you buy it from and what type of quality you are looking for. If you want a higher quality product, expect to pay more for it. It’s important that you make sure that whatever you buy is within your budget so you don’t exceed your allotted amount. If this happens, it can cause problems in other areas, such as paying bills or providing food for yourself or your family.
Brand reputation matters. While some brands are better than others, choosing a reputable brand can help ensure that your product will be high quality and last longer than others in the same price range.
Read customer reviews
Reviews are a great way to discover what other people think of a board games descent. You can see if they like it or if they’d recommend it to a friend. Some reviews will be from people who only bought the product once and didn’t like it, while others will be from people who have used it for years and love it.
You can use this information to help you decide if the board games descent is right for you. If most people say that an item works well, it probably does. If most people say an item doesn’t work well, you might want to skip that one.
Look at the seller’s return policy
If you’re buying board games descent with a warranty or return policy, make sure it’s not too short or restrictive before making your purchase. If there is anything wrong with your item or if it isn’t what you expected when it arrives at your door, make sure that returning it isn’t going to be an ordeal before proceeding with the transaction. You don’t want to get stuck with something that doesn’t work or fits poorly just because the seller won’t refund or exchange it!