Knowing what to look for, which types to choose, and a host of other factors go into choosing among the best battery water timers. There’s good news, though: This guide will explain it all. If you're still here because you need a suitable option, we have a decent selection that should cater to every taste and budget, so read on to find which of the battery water timers will be the best choice for you.
The reasons why you should trust us
You can trust us because we are not just another review site. We are a team of tech enthusiasts and experts who have spent months researching the best products on the market. We factor this into our overall star rating for each product and our final verdict on whether or not we recommend it.
Our rating metrics include the following:
- Build material
- Ease of use
- Price-to-value ratio
- Customer reviews
Best battery water timers: Our 10 Choices
- EASY AND FLEXIBLE PROGRAMMING: Operates up to 4 stations, with up to 8 start times, and can be run from 1-240 minutes. Set for days of the week, odd/even days, or intervals (between 1-30 days).
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Weatherproof housing protects timer from the elements, and every valve connection is sealed with a water-tight O-ring.
- RAIN SENSOR COMPATIBLE: Connect with a rain sensor to delay watering for a set time after storms.
- DETACHABLE TIMER: Easily remove timer from housing for programming.
- BATTERY OPERATED: Works great for sprinkler boxes without a power outlet nearby (Requires 3 AA batteriesnot included). Low battery warning will alert you when to replace batteries.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Single outlet with solenoid valve, fitting for 3/4” hose and faucet, 1-10 gal/min flow rate, working with 8-120 psi water pressure. It is powered by 2*AAA 1.5V batteries (not included) and can be run for over 1 year.
- MUTI-FUNCTIONAL SPRINKLER TIMER: It has 3 modes, auto/manual/rain-delay. With auto mode, the watering duration can be from 1min to 239mins and watering frequency can be from 1hr to 12hrs or from 1 day to 7 days. With manual mode, you can water your flowers and plants from 1min to 239mins. With rain delay mode, you can choose from 12/24/48/72hrs and meets your flexible watering schedule.
- MINI WATER TIMER: Featured with a compact and elegant design, this hose timer is low profile and light-weight, which is easy to carry and perfect for narrow space installation. The modern and stylish appearance will not interfere the look and feel in your garden or greenhouse.
- EASY TO USE – Rotate the dial to set clock, start time, how long and how often. Then your irrigation system will become automatic and operate as per the program. With the easy-to-read large LCD screen and display, you can easily know the next watering time, current time and battery status. Long press the “OK” and “+” buttons to activate manual mode and rain delay mode.
- APPLICATION: It is IP54 waterproof and leakproof, which is ideal for outdoor gravity drip irrigation, garden hose watering, lawn sprinkler controller, greenhouse mist system, pool filling, birdbath dripper, rain barrels, pet drinking, etc.
- 【Rain Delay & Manual Mode】With rain delay mode, your programmed schedule will be paused for 24,48,or 72 hours, and will be automatically resumed. Using manual mode, any lawn or garden can be watered as needed, with customizable times from 1 min to 8 hrs, and without interrupting your schedule.
- 【Easy Programming Program】Through the Sprinkler Timer to program, you can set the Start Time, Watering Duration is 1min-3h59min, Watering Frequency from 1h to 12h or 1 day to 7 days, so you can customize your watering time, and can be more accurate.
- 【Multi-Scene Hose Timer】It can be used for many scenes, can be used in the garden, lawn, yard and other places,it can meet your daily life needs of the sprinkler timer.
- 【Big LCD Screen Display】The sprinkler timer with a big LCD screen display, which can display the watering time,watering frequency, power and other detailed content,that is convenient and easy to read.
- 【Product Contains】Including Water Timer*1 and User Manual*1, using 2*AAA alkaline batteries (not included), the User Manual can better help you to set the timer, the power will be displayed on the screen intelligently To remind you of the available power.
- Duration of watering: 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes
- Install above ground and vertically to tap
- Operating pressure up to 116 psi
- Two AAA batteries required (not included)
- Frequency of watering: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 hours and 1, 2, 3, 7 days
- 【Bigger LCD Display & Easier to Setup】2.5" Large screen makes you check readouts much easier. Rotate the dial easily set up a schedule and requires no tools to install on 3/4” faucet. The package Including Water Timer*1 and User Manual*1, Using 2*AAA alkaline batteries (not included).
- 【Compact & Durable】To ensure long-lasting durability, our hose timers for watering, it was designed with heavy-duty construction, made of IP54 waterproof materials, added the seal ring in the battery cover to isolate moisture. Compact shape, light weight, suitable despite narrow spaces or outdoor use.
- 【Convenience & Savings】With RainPoint hose timer, turn your hose faucet into a programmed irrigation system, for lawn, yard, pool, garden, greenhouses etc. sprinkler controller timer will ensure that each plant gets just the right amount of water, saving your time, money and water.
- 【Rain Delay & Manual Watering】Watering timer has a rain delay setting that helps you conserve water and postpone your schedule 24/48/72 hrs then resume it. With ZONE 1/ZONE 2/ Both ZONE manual modes, you can water your flowers and plants from 1min to 8hrs, without interrupting your schedule.
- 【 2 Outlet Automatic Watering 】The water hose timer work like two separate timers to water two separate areas from a single faucet. with 2 watering frequencies which hours mode is from 4h to12h, day mode is from 1 day to 7 days, watering duration is from 1min to 3h59min.
- Can also water flowers and plants automatically in fixed time, when nobody is at home. Great care improves the livability of plants
- Water and circuit are completely separated. The valve will close when battery is low, to keep it safe，2 XAA 1.5v alkaline battery required (not included)
- Ball valve water timer Working Water Pressure: 0 - 8 bar,no water pressure is ok for use
- Built-in stainless steel high-density filter in the water inlet will block the impurities in the water to ensure the long-term operation of the internal structure of the controller
- The use of smart irrigation system not only makes effective use of water resources, but also improves the efficiency of automatic irrigation and greatly reduces labor costs.
- Conveniently displays program status such as next scheduled water cycle, and time remaining on current cycle
- Operates on two AA batteries (not included)
- Ideal for use with Rain Bird hose-end sprinklers and Drip irrigation kits
- Robust professional grade digital hose end timer; for use with hose-end sprinklers, Drip irrigation and soaker hose
- Provides maximum run time of 6-hours with up to 2-start times per day
- Variety and Convenience – This timer is compatible with single-pole single-throw and double-pole single-throw switches block terminals hold wires securely and has ½” and ¾” knockouts for easy wiring
- Universal Voltage – Auto-sensing 120 VAC 240 VAC and 277 VAC compatibility adapts to required power to support a variety of equipment
- Heavy-Duty Digital Timer – The rain and rust proof metal construction is designed to withstand any weather forecast and is lockable tamper resistant and NEMA 3R-Rated
- Programmed Settings – Up to nine ON/OFF timer settings are available including multiple weekday combinations single-day settings countdown or a summer time setting to personalize a 7-day cycle
- Ideal Use – Perfect for pool pumps water heaters outdoor lights fans AC units and other heavy-duty appliances this indoor/outdoor box timer is cUL Listed and recommended for certified electrician installation
- Three control dials: 1) set frequency; 2) set run time; 3) override scheduled program for rain delay (24 to 72 hours) or add timed manual watering without disrupting your programmed schedule; Delay button adjusts the start time; simply press until you reach your desired start time for watering (timer is set to start automatically)
- Automate your drip system with scheduled run times, frequency, timed manual watering, and rain delay features
- Works from a faucet or hose bibb; compatible with Garden Hose Thread (GHT), not British Standard Pipe Thread (BSP) connection point; use adapter (not included) to connect to desired supply tubing size
- Inlet connects directly to water source such as a faucet or hose bibb; outlet connects to appropriate adapter such as a Smart Loc Adapter to transition to supply tubing; Battery-operated timer indicates when batteries are running low; system turns valve to the “off” position when batteries run out, to prevent wasting water
- SPECIFICATIONS: Watering days from Monday to Sunday. Watering duration from 1min to 299mins. Single outlet with solenoid valve, fitting for 3/4” hose and faucet. Work with 15-175 psi water pressure. Powered by 2*AA alkaline batteries (not included) and can run for over 1 year.
- ULTRA-FLEXIBLE PROGRAMMING: Featured with weekly-circle programming logic and 4 separate programs, this sprinkler timer allows you randomly choose any water days from Monday to Sunday and set up to 4 programs, which adds much more flexibilities to customize your watering schedules than interval water timers.
- APPLICATION: Great choice for professional gardener or who need to deeply customize watering schedules. Ideal for outdoor gravity drip irrigation, garden hose watering, lawn sprinkler controller, greenhouse mist system, pool filling, birdbath dripper, pet drinking, etc.
- EASY TO USE: Rotate the oversized dial to “Time” can set current time. Rotate to “P1/2/3/4” can set start time and run time for P1/2/3/4. Then rotate the dial to “Auto” and your program automatically runs. If you want to manually turn the timer on or off, you can rotate the dial to “ON” or “OFF”. Manual watering or battery replacement (within 45s) will not interrupt preset programs.
- DURABLE & LEAK-PROOF: Pure brass swivel inlet and high working pressure (max. 175psi) can protect this sprinkler timer from water leakage. The shell is built in with heavy-duty weatherproof construction, UV-resistant material, ideal for outdoor garden watering use and can withstand wind and rain.
Buying battery water timers: Things to Consider
When looking for a new battery water timers, knowing which one will suit you best can be difficult. But if you consider a few things before making your purchase, it's much easier to narrow down your choices and make an informed decision about what's right for you.
There are many things to consider before you buy a battery water timers. You want to make sure that it's going to work for your needs, that it's affordable and that it's something you can use with ease.
Here are some things to keep in mind before buying a new product:
- What is the purpose? This may seem like an obvious question, but people often forget about it as they get caught up in the excitement of a new battery water timers. If you're looking for an item that will best suit your needs, then don't buy a product that does nothing but entertain you.
- What are other people saying about it? It's always best to check out reviews online before making any purchases so that you know what other people think about battery water timers and whether or not they would recommend them. This can help give you an idea if something is worth buying or not before you spend money on a product that won't work out for you at all!
- Is it something I'm going to use often? If there's any question about whether or not you'll use something often enough for it to be worth buying, then wait until later when you're sure how much time, effort, and money.
The following are some more things in detail you should consider before you buy:
The first thing to look at is the features of the battery water timers. You should check out if it has all the features that you need. It is not worth the money if it doesn't have any needed features. So check out all these features before buying battery water timers.
Features can be divided into two categories: core features and secondary features. Core features are the main characteristics of a product, whereas secondary features are additional or extra characteristics that make a product better than others.
Quality refers to how well-made the battery water timers is and how long it will last before breaking down or malfunctioning. To determine this, check out online reviews by other users who have bought the same item as yours and see whether they're satisfied with their purchase or not. If there are many negative reviews about a battery water timers or brand, then stay away from them because they're probably not worth buying at all!
Before buying it, you should always consider how much money you will spend on your new best battery water timers. In addition to this, you should also consider what features the product has and whether they will be beneficial for both you and your pet or not. Sometimes, many battery water timers may look similar, but they may vary greatly in terms of cost and quality, so choose wisely when buying something new!
The material used to build it
You should also be aware of what materials are used in the production of the battery water timers, as this will help you to determine whether it’s durable or not. The material used to make the battery water timers can tell you a lot about its quality and durability. This is particularly important if you’re planning on using the battery water timers for a long period or if it will be used frequently. If you’re looking for something that lasts, then you need to consider the material it’s made from.
It is also a good idea to check out the brand of the battery water timers before making a purchase. Different brands have different quality standards depending on their manufacturing process and overall quality control measures. Best to choose from, brands with good reputations for quality products and excellent customer service.
Warranty and return policy
When buying battery water timers, ensure you know what kind of warranty or return policy the manufacturer or seller offers. A good warranty will give you peace of mind that if something goes wrong with your purchase, you can get it fixed or replaced without any fuss or hassle. Look for companies with solid customer service who will work with you if there are any problems with your purchase to resolve them as quickly as possible without making things difficult for you. Look for companies that offer a return policy so that if you are unsatisfied with the product, you can send it back and get your money back.