Knowing what to look for, which types to choose, and a host of other factors go into choosing among the best basic cell phone. There’s good news, though: This guide will explain it all. If you're still here because you need a suitable option, we have a decent selection that should cater to every taste and budget, so read on to find which of the basic cell phone will be the best choice for you.
The reasons why you should trust us
You can trust us because we are not just another review site. We are a team of tech enthusiasts and experts who have spent months researching the best products on the market. We factor this into our overall star rating for each product and our final verdict on whether or not we recommend it.
Our rating metrics include the following:
- Build material
- Ease of use
- Price-to-value ratio
- Customer reviews
Best basic cell phone: Our 10 Choices
- Beat boredom with the built-in camera, wireless FM radio, and a variety of great games.
- Take in premium design features, including a high-performance keymat, separate function keys, curved back, easy-grip edge, and hard-coated colors.
- Get more out of your phone with long-lasting battery life and signature sturdiness. Please note this phone has a single SIM slot and uses the operating system Series 30+.
- Compatibility: This device is designed to work with GSM carriers. This product will not support AT&T, Verizon or Verizon subsidiaries. Please confirm compatibility with your chosen carrier before purchasing. For support with SIM card or network related issues, please contact your carrier for assistance in connecting your device to the chosen compatible network.
- Discover a world of perks that come with 4G, including clearer call quality, seamless sharing, and multiplayer gaming.
- 2.8" Internal Screen; 1.44" External Preview Display; Google Assistant; 1.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor; Internal Memory 4GB; 4G LTE; Wi-Fi Capable; Bluetooth Capable; Internet Access; 2MP Camera & Video Recorder; Externa Caller ID; Supports Micro SD memory card up to 32GB (not included); SOS Button
- POWERFUL SPEAKER ensures every conversation will be loud and clear.
- BIG BUTTONS and large, legible numbers and make dialing effortless.
- Google Is Here To Assist You. As part of the KaiOS experience, the MY FLIP 2 comes preloaded with Google Assistant, which helps you get things done and find answers on the go, using just your voice.
- Accessibility For All. The MY FLIP 2 comes with a host of accessibility features Real-Time-Text (RTT) and hearing aid compatibility that enables any user to easily stay connected. Plus, a dedicated external SOS button allows the user to call for help in case of an emergency.
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- VGA Camera | 600mAh Battery
- Unlocked Dual SIM; 1.8" Display 128 x 160 ~114ppi
- Built-in FM Antenna MP3 | MP4 Player | Flashlight
- Internal 32MB | 32MB RAM MicroSD Slot up to 32GB
- Camera: 2MP, Bluetooth 4.2, MicroUSB 2.0, Proprietary Operating System, Wi-Fi - Not Supported
- US Model with Warranty. Compatible in the US with most GSM Carriers like T-Mobile, AT&T, etc. Will NOT work with CDMA Carriers Such as Verizon, Sprint, Boost, etc.
- 2G GSM 850/1900, 3G UMTS B2/4/5, 4G LTE B2/4/5/12/66/71/41
- 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM, Expandable MicroSD up to 32GB, CPU - Qualcomm QM 215
- Dual Screen, 2.8" Flipped open, Resolution - 240 x 320 px, 1.7" TFT external notification screen, 1600mAh Removable Battery, Single SIM
- Count on Nokia 6300 4G for smooth performance and signature durability
- Enjoy the ease of 4G and share a connection with the WiFi hotspot
- Stream what you like, when you like on YouTube
- Keep the conversations flowing with WhatsApp and Facebook
- Get answers, call friends or organize plans in an instant with Google Assistant
- Big Button with backlit and Talking number feature, High Volume, Big Font and Big Icon with simple opreation system easy to use.
- GSM 2G/3G/4G/VoLTE Unlocked, This phone compatible with T-Mobile(Prepaid Plan), MetroPCS, Tello Mobile, SpeedTalk Mobile, Mint Mobile, Ultra Mobile, Red Pocket(GSMT); Sim card NOT included and NOT compatible with AT&T and any CDMA Networks like Verizon, Sprint, and Boost Mobile.
- Feature Phone with Useful Tools: FM Radio, Alarm clock, Audio Player, Notes with reminders, Calculator, Calendar, Bluetooth, Flashlight, SOS feature and Speed dial.
- 1050mAh real capacity battery with charging dock, standby time up to 96+ hours, Just place your phone on its stand, and it starts charging!
- Cutting Edge M4/T4 Hearing Aid Compatibility, Ideal for the customers who wears hearing aid devices or hard of hearing.
- GSM Quad band 2G (850/900/1800/1900): compatibility
- 2.4" TFT Screen Display; VGA Camera (640 x 480 pixels) w/ LED Flash + Video
- 3.5mm Audio Jack + microSD Slot Expandable up to 32GB
- MediaTek Processor, 1900 mAh Big Battery, FM Radio, MP3/ MP4 Player, Bluetooth: v3.0
- 2.4" TFT Screen Display; VGA Camera (640 x 480 pixels) w/ LED Flash + Video
- GSM UNLOCKED DUAL SIM - Support GSM Quad-Band 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 dual SIM cards. Sturdy feature phone with big button, torch and font, suitable for senior, kids and backup. Support camera, game, video recorder, voice recorder, FM radio, music player, video player, bluetooth, calculator, alarm, torch and power bank. Support up to 7 languages which are English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italy, German and Russian.
- 3000mAH SENIOR PHONE- 15 hours talk time, 400 hours standby time. 2.4inch big screen
- MOBILE TRACKER - You have a chance to get your phone back when lost by this function
- POWER BANK- Power bank cell phone used as an portable charger for backup.
- SPECIAL SW DESIGN - SOS list, 3 SOS numbers can dial out when activated. Smart input method when writing SMS with big font.
- Customizable menu to set frequently used apps | Multiple programmable keys including SOS*, Push To Talk, Speaker key, Call List key, and 4-way navigation keys | Large font, tactile keypad and a clear display for superior readability | Headset jack includes an integrated camlock to securely fasten accessories to device
- Military Standard 810G for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, freeze-thaw and icing/freezing rain | Drop proof up to 5 ft. (1.5m) onto concrete | IP68 dust proof, waterproof up to 6.5 ft. (2m) up to 30 minutes | Non-Incendive, Class I, Division 2 hazardous location certification | Rubberized housing for secure hold and extra durability
- Intelligent, compact and virtually indestructible, the ultra-rugged DuraXV Extreme performs under even the most challenging conditions.
- 100dB+ front-facing, dual loud speakers and dual-mic noise cancellation | HD voice for crystal clear calls | Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to 10 devices | 5MP auto-focus camera with LED flash and video recorder
- Fast 1.2GHz Quad-Core A53, 64-bit CPU | Large removable 1770mAh battery for full-day operation | Battery Care and ECO Modes optimize battery usage | 16GB ROM / 2GB RAM with expandable memory up to 512GB
- 【Rugged Phone with IP68 & IP69K Waterproof and MIL-STD-810H】AGM M6 has passed the international IP68 &IP69K Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof, High-Temperature resistance and MIL-STD-810H torment tests outstandingly, it can withstand extreme temperature ranging from -20℃ to 60℃, drop from up to 2m on concrete and survive under 1.5m of water for 30 minutes.
- 【T-Mobile Carriers ONLY, 4G LTE Dual SIM】This rugged phone supports Dual SIM Cards, Micro SIM *2 (SIM 1 for 4G, SIM 2 for 2G), Only 1 SIM can have 4G when insert 2 SIM cards. AGM M6 is designed with some senior friendly features, and it is a cell for seniors. Compatible with T-Mobile carrier, not including Straight Talk, etc. T-Mobile only not compatible with CDMA carriers. Please have a check with your carrier before purchase. If you have any question about carriers, feel free to contact with us.
- 【No GPS, No APPs Interrupt】AGM M6 rugged phone is super easy to use, no GPS, no APPs, no Androids and no games. Only the most basic features including Calls, Text Message, Music and Video play, 0.3M camera, FM radio and LED torch on top, making daily life simple and convenient. It is a rugged phone with senior-friendly features.
- 【35mm Super Loud Speaker】AGM M6 rugged phone, senior phone equip a 3.5w 35mm 109db speaker, louder than 100 dB average house Alarm. You will never miss a call anywhere in a house. The LED RGB Ring decorated around the speaker shines when you play music, call and listen to the Radio. Great for seniors use and kids use.
- 【Simplified Charging and Long Standby】The USB Type-C port is reversible, never worry about plugging in upside down. Built with a 2500mAh removable battery to keep you working for longer. It also supports charge with a desk charging dock. Note: The desk charging dock is not included, need to buy it separately.
Buying basic cell phone: Things to Consider
When looking for a new basic cell phone, knowing which one will suit you best can be difficult. But if you consider a few things before making your purchase, it's much easier to narrow down your choices and make an informed decision about what's right for you.
There are many things to consider before you buy a basic cell phone. You want to make sure that it's going to work for your needs, that it's affordable and that it's something you can use with ease.
Here are some things to keep in mind before buying a new product:
- What is the purpose? This may seem like an obvious question, but people often forget about it as they get caught up in the excitement of a new basic cell phone. If you're looking for an item that will best suit your needs, then don't buy a product that does nothing but entertain you.
- What are other people saying about it? It's always best to check out reviews online before making any purchases so that you know what other people think about basic cell phone and whether or not they would recommend them. This can help give you an idea if something is worth buying or not before you spend money on a product that won't work out for you at all!
- Is it something I'm going to use often? If there's any question about whether or not you'll use something often enough for it to be worth buying, then wait until later when you're sure how much time, effort, and money.
The following are some more things in detail you should consider before you buy:
The first thing to look at is the features of the basic cell phone. You should check out if it has all the features that you need. It is not worth the money if it doesn't have any needed features. So check out all these features before buying basic cell phone.
Features can be divided into two categories: core features and secondary features. Core features are the main characteristics of a product, whereas secondary features are additional or extra characteristics that make a product better than others.
Quality refers to how well-made the basic cell phone is and how long it will last before breaking down or malfunctioning. To determine this, check out online reviews by other users who have bought the same item as yours and see whether they're satisfied with their purchase or not. If there are many negative reviews about a basic cell phone or brand, then stay away from them because they're probably not worth buying at all!
Before buying it, you should always consider how much money you will spend on your new best basic cell phone. In addition to this, you should also consider what features the product has and whether they will be beneficial for both you and your pet or not. Sometimes, many basic cell phone may look similar, but they may vary greatly in terms of cost and quality, so choose wisely when buying something new!
The material used to build it
You should also be aware of what materials are used in the production of the basic cell phone, as this will help you to determine whether it’s durable or not. The material used to make the basic cell phone can tell you a lot about its quality and durability. This is particularly important if you’re planning on using the basic cell phone for a long period or if it will be used frequently. If you’re looking for something that lasts, then you need to consider the material it’s made from.
It is also a good idea to check out the brand of the basic cell phone before making a purchase. Different brands have different quality standards depending on their manufacturing process and overall quality control measures. Best to choose from, brands with good reputations for quality products and excellent customer service.
Warranty and return policy
When buying basic cell phone, ensure you know what kind of warranty or return policy the manufacturer or seller offers. A good warranty will give you peace of mind that if something goes wrong with your purchase, you can get it fixed or replaced without any fuss or hassle. Look for companies with solid customer service who will work with you if there are any problems with your purchase to resolve them as quickly as possible without making things difficult for you. Look for companies that offer a return policy so that if you are unsatisfied with the product, you can send it back and get your money back.