Knowing what to look for, which types to choose, and a host of other factors go into choosing among the best basement and masonry waterproofing paint. There’s good news, though: This guide will explain it all. If you're still here because you need a suitable option, we have a decent selection that should cater to every taste and budget, so read on to find which of the basement and masonry waterproofing paint will be the best choice for you.
The reasons why you should trust us
You can trust us because we are not just another review site. We are a team of tech enthusiasts and experts who have spent months researching the best products on the market. We factor this into our overall star rating for each product and our final verdict on whether or not we recommend it.
Our rating metrics include the following:
- Build material
- Ease of use
- Price-to-value ratio
- Customer reviews
Best basement and masonry waterproofing paint: Our 10 Choices
- Fast Drying waterproof paint for interior/exterior basement walls, cinder blocks, stucco and brick, and masonry.
- Withstands up to 12 psi hydrostatic pressure.
- Waterproofing paint keeps basement walls dry
- Before painting, review the INSL-X Waterblock label for proper preparation and application tips.
- Paint only when surface and air temperatures are between 50 ° (10 °C) and 90 °F (32.2 °C).
- PERMANENT - No Re-Applications Needed. Virtually Indestructible.
- PAINTED SURFACES - So Penetrating That It Even Waterproofs Through a Single Layer of Latex Paint
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE - The Only Siloxane Able to Seal Against Negative Side Water Pressure.
- PAINTABLE - Leaves Surface Suitable for Paints, Adhesives, or Thinset
- PENETRATES Up To 2" Into Concrete, Brick, or Masonry (3 x deeper than a typical siloxane sealer)
- This is a 1-gallon can of Interior/Exterior Basement and Masonry Waterproofing Paint, White, 1-gallon in white. Depending on surface porosity, 1 gallon covers 75 to 125 square feet per.
- This premium, interior/exterior paint is formulated to waterproof and seal porous concrete and masonry surfaces both inside and outside your home.
- Apply this paint on properly prepped and cured above and below grade basement walls, masonry walls, retaining walls, cinder and concrete blocks, stucco and brick. Do not use on floors or on walls with active water leaks. Apply using a high quality 1/2"-3/4" nap roller, 4" nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer capable of delivering 2200-3200 PSI or greater using a .023"-.025" spray tip.
- Using nanotechnology, this paint forms a barrier to help stop water infiltration while an alkali resistant coating provides a long-lasting, durable and decorative finish.
- Prime all uncoated, patched, chalky, and adjacent wood and/or metal surfaces with KILZ Premium Primer. For below grade application, fill all holes/cracks with hydraulic cement prior to painting. A minimum of two coats of this product are required for optimal results. Paint dries to touch in one hour and can be re-coated in 4 hours depending on humidity.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Masters, Jack (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 120 Pages - 08/28/2011 (Publication Date) - Paperback Writer Publishing (Publisher)
- Resists 10 PSI, equivalent to a wall of water 22' high
- Ready mixed - Low-odor formula
- Color: Gray
- Size: 1 Gallon
- Breathable film - does not trap moisture in masonry
- Low-odor formula complies with all current VOC requirements
- Breathable film will not trap moisture in the masonry
- Fully transferable 10 Year Warranty
- Helps protect against radon gas penetration by reducing vapor transfer
- GUARANTEED to stop water - withstands 10 pounds of hydrostatic pressure (PSI), equivalent to a wall of water 22 feet high
- EASY TO APPLY - No mixing required! Apply by brush, roller or high quality piston paint sprayer. Container can be closed and left over material used later. No pot life or working time like 2 component products
- FOR A BULLETPROOF SYSTEM - Bridge joints, seams, vents, gaps, protrusions…. With Liquid Rubber Seam Tape or Liquid Rubber Geo-Textile where possible movement may occur
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE - Sealant final membrane has over 900% elongation in the sealing material preventing adhesion failure causing cracks and taring. Flat/Ponding Surface: 50 sq ft/G per coat
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant is water based, containing no solvents, VOC's or harmful odors. Safe for humans and pets alike, can be used indoors and outdoors with no special breathing apparatus
- PROTECTIVE FINISH FOR - Foundations, ICF's, Basements, Shower Liners, Deck and Fence Posts, Planter Boxes, Metal, Wood, Concrete and more
- Package Dimentions: 31.191 cms (L) x 32.207 cms (W) x 40.411 cms (H)
- Country Of Origin: China
- Product Type: Tools
- Package Quantity: 1
Buying basement and masonry waterproofing paint: Things to Consider
When looking for a new basement and masonry waterproofing paint, knowing which one will suit you best can be difficult. But if you consider a few things before making your purchase, it's much easier to narrow down your choices and make an informed decision about what's right for you.
There are many things to consider before you buy a basement and masonry waterproofing paint. You want to make sure that it's going to work for your needs, that it's affordable and that it's something you can use with ease.
Here are some things to keep in mind before buying a new product:
- What is the purpose? This may seem like an obvious question, but people often forget about it as they get caught up in the excitement of a new basement and masonry waterproofing paint. If you're looking for an item that will best suit your needs, then don't buy a product that does nothing but entertain you.
- What are other people saying about it? It's always best to check out reviews online before making any purchases so that you know what other people think about basement and masonry waterproofing paint and whether or not they would recommend them. This can help give you an idea if something is worth buying or not before you spend money on a product that won't work out for you at all!
- Is it something I'm going to use often? If there's any question about whether or not you'll use something often enough for it to be worth buying, then wait until later when you're sure how much time, effort, and money.
The following are some more things in detail you should consider before you buy:
The first thing to look at is the features of the basement and masonry waterproofing paint. You should check out if it has all the features that you need. It is not worth the money if it doesn't have any needed features. So check out all these features before buying basement and masonry waterproofing paint.
Features can be divided into two categories: core features and secondary features. Core features are the main characteristics of a product, whereas secondary features are additional or extra characteristics that make a product better than others.
Quality refers to how well-made the basement and masonry waterproofing paint is and how long it will last before breaking down or malfunctioning. To determine this, check out online reviews by other users who have bought the same item as yours and see whether they're satisfied with their purchase or not. If there are many negative reviews about a basement and masonry waterproofing paint or brand, then stay away from them because they're probably not worth buying at all!
Before buying it, you should always consider how much money you will spend on your new best basement and masonry waterproofing paint. In addition to this, you should also consider what features the product has and whether they will be beneficial for both you and your pet or not. Sometimes, many basement and masonry waterproofing paint may look similar, but they may vary greatly in terms of cost and quality, so choose wisely when buying something new!
The material used to build it
You should also be aware of what materials are used in the production of the basement and masonry waterproofing paint, as this will help you to determine whether it’s durable or not. The material used to make the basement and masonry waterproofing paint can tell you a lot about its quality and durability. This is particularly important if you’re planning on using the basement and masonry waterproofing paint for a long period or if it will be used frequently. If you’re looking for something that lasts, then you need to consider the material it’s made from.
It is also a good idea to check out the brand of the basement and masonry waterproofing paint before making a purchase. Different brands have different quality standards depending on their manufacturing process and overall quality control measures. Best to choose from, brands with good reputations for quality products and excellent customer service.
Warranty and return policy
When buying basement and masonry waterproofing paint, ensure you know what kind of warranty or return policy the manufacturer or seller offers. A good warranty will give you peace of mind that if something goes wrong with your purchase, you can get it fixed or replaced without any fuss or hassle. Look for companies with solid customer service who will work with you if there are any problems with your purchase to resolve them as quickly as possible without making things difficult for you. Look for companies that offer a return policy so that if you are unsatisfied with the product, you can send it back and get your money back.